When a discussion comes on the Windows 10, it provides multiple free features of anti-malware and reliable Windows Defender Antivirus, which is designed to protect your devices and data from ransomware, spyware, unwanted viruses, hidden cache, and multiple forms of hijackers and malware attackers. Know more about Disable Windows Defender on Windows 10 from the below.
So, it seems very well and perfect for all Windows 10 users. But, there is also a situation you may want to disable all security traits permanently or temporarily. How to Disable Windows Defender on Windows 10 read below.
No doubt, Windows 10 is the best OS to use for the entire generation as it provides complete privacy and protection than previous Windows versions like Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 and old. Windows 10 instead don’t require any long wizard to utilize.
For this rational reason, we don’t feel confident about disabling solution. If you have to perform a specific task that is required with all features to disable on your device. For example, you are setting up a quick computer that won’t connect to the network. Preferably you also don’t want to exploit security policies. So what is the solution to do so?
The only bitter feature of Windows 10 is, it doesn’t include an option to disable or uninstall Windows Defender Antivirus ” Permanently.” Unless we don’t install any third-party anti-virus program, however, you can still disable the built-in heavy and perfect security features using Registry or Group Policy with all temporarily using the Windows Security App.
You can follow the given set of methods with confidence as these are personally adopted with the fruitful results.
Method 1: Install a third-party anti-virus program on your Windows 10
As we know, Windows Defender is a great built-in set up by Microsoft. It detects another installing anti-virus program, and it will automatically disable to avoid all conflicts on the PC.
Instead, only the Windows Defender firewall will adequately work on your computer system. Using the method, You may remove anti-virus software, and Windows Defender will automatically reactivate for you quite handly.
If you are looking for permanently Turn Off, please see and follow the given methods.
Method 2: You can also temporarily disable Windows Defender by Settings
If you need to Disable Windows Defender, then follow the given steps temporarily:
1. First, double press click on the Windows Defender icons on the Taskbar
2. In the Home tab > Virus & Threat protection > Virus & Threat protection settings
3. Now, switch the optional Real-time protection status to OFF.
Method 3: If you want to Disable Windows Defender Antivirus by using Local Group Policy
If you are using Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Education, then you can use the Local Gropu Policy Editor to disable Windows Defender on your PC.
1. Press the [Windows + R] key combination to open the Run command windows prompt
2. Run the command windows, and type gpedit.msc into it and press OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor window
3. In the Local Gropu Policy Editor window, please navigate to the following wizard: Computer Configuration ⇒ Administrative Templates ⇒ Windows Components ⇒ Windows Defender
4. Select Enable to Disable Windows Defender
5. Press APPLY button
After completing the above steps, if you notice the preview of the Windows Defender icon is still displaying in the system tray. Please restart your PC to disappear that icon.
- Download Windows 10 Free From Microsoft
- How to Install Windows 10 From USB
- How to Activate Windows 10 Without Product Key Free
Sharing is Caring!